PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a server-side scripting language that runs on the server. It is a widely-used open source programming language for web development.
What is PHP ?
- PHP is an acronym for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor”
- PHP is a widely-used, open source scripting language
- PHP scripts are executed on the server
- PHP is free to download and use
Feature of PHP ?
- PHP is Object oriented language
- PHP can generate dynamic page content
- PHP can create, open, read, write, delete, and close files on the server
- PHP can collect form data
- PHP can send and receive cookies
- PHP can add, delete, modify data in your database
- PHP can be used to control user-access
- PHP can encrypt data
- PHP runs on various platforms (Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.)
- PHP is compatible with almost all servers used today (Apache, IIS, etc.)
- PHP supports a wide range of databases
- PHP is free. Download it from the official PHP resource: www.php.net
- PHP is easy to learn and runs efficiently on the server side
<!DOCTYPE HTML> <html> <head> <title>Example</title> </head> <body> <?php echo "Hi, I'm a PHP script!"; ?> </body> </html>